Monday, October 29, 2012

Clearing the clutter

Good Monday morning!

What an amazing weekend!  In fact it was one of those weekends that was so good that Monday morning feels a little dismal, but I have motivation going into the new week!
For those of you following my little experiment:
Monday's Motivation:  I came across a quote the other day and, of course, now that I want it, I can't find it again. I'll paraphrase.  "You can make a mistake once -- it's a mistake. If you make the same mistake twice, it's a choice."  
I have a slow learning curve so I end up making the same mistakes over and over...and over again.  I am over committed and tend to stay up too late and then go over whelmed.  Hmmmm, "Over"  -- I'm seeing a trend here. My goal for the week is to continue working on last weeks motivation -- "being present and conscious."
Last week was much improved over the last one, but I forgot to do my daily mediation practices. Oops. So I'll work on that again.
As for the rest of my plan -- I had to move things around a bit. My plan for my person-to-person conversation happened yesterday.  And my project work moved to Saturday and Sunday as well.  However, I got a lot accomplished!
My new and improved bathroom counter.  You couldn't see the surface before!

My project for today:  the small pile near my bed! Trust me it IS small.

My clean closet.  Couldn't see the floor before!

The giant pile in my room. It will take me most of the week to tackle this, but I'm ready!

My bathroom cupboards and drawers. Couldn't find a thing before! But now everything has its place!
When I get stressed, I tend to pile. My husband always tells me I'm one yard sale away from being on Hoarders.  Sadly, he's right.  I'm a stacker.  So this weekend, I started eliminating more piles.  I forgot to to take before pictures -- but between my bathroom cupboards and counters and my closet I have not one, not two but FOUR giant bags of clothing and other items to donate to the local thrift store.  I am now down to one huge and 2 small piles in my bedroom and then I'll start moving through the rest of the house and the farm (as I have stacked three other BUILDINGS full of stuff).
I have to tell you, it felt like a giant weight was lifted off my shoulders!  All that stuff was sucking the energy right out of the air!
This week I'll not only be working on the clutter clearance but stay tuned for some yummy raspberry recipes -- I still have a few left to preserve and the Queen does like her raspberries.
Also, don't forget the pub here in Karmalot  -- "The Dork and Otter" is always open. The problem is the Queen can't hold her alcohol the way she used to -- so I have all sorts of wine around.  I'll also be spending some time this week looking for safe ways to make jelly with wine and other adult beverages.  Can we say champagne jelly with raspberries?  I hope so!
More later in the week!  Let me know how your first week on the plan is going!


No comments:

Post a Comment