Monday, October 22, 2012

Motivation Monday 1

Alright everybody -- let's the games begin!

Today is our first Motivation Monday:  Today's motivation comes from the book, Soul Centered, by Sarah McLean.
"When you're soul-centerd, you are not dependent on others for your sense of self or worthiness. Instead, you are guided by an inner reference point -- your own soul. You are open to all possibilities and approach life courageously and fearlessly, without resistance or clinging, offensiveness or defensiveness. You can focus your attention where and when you want to easliy and without distraction. You have a receptive awareness and your natural state is relaxed, calm, peaceful and loving toward yourself and others." 
The book has an 8 week program to learn how to meditate and become more balanced. I'm going to give it a shot!  Here's what I do know.  I've been trying for the last 48 hours to breathe and focus more. I am working on just being "Right here, right now".  This is a difficult task for me as my mind goes a million miles a minute. When I can do it though, damn! it's pretty cool.  My workout this morning was 1) a workout and not 30 minutes of thinking about it and 2) productive and focused.  I relaxed more this weekend than I have in months.
So this week, let's all try to slow down and take a minimum of 20 minutes out for ourself to just BE -- feel our body without judgement, listen to our heart beat, feel the air coming in and out of our lungs.  As you do, post your thoughts or comments here. Is it working for you? Is there a different form of meditation you like better? (Like dance or prayer) Be honest and be brave. This is a safe place for us!

Blessed be everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Got up this morning feeling great for the first time in a week. I had followed your structure and tried to come up with what would inspire me. I had so much energy that I did what I always do, I started putting in videos for noise and going through projects around the house to get them done. By noon, I still had not inspiration to carry me through the week. I put in Hidalgo, which is a movie that I haven't seen in ages, but, love it. I had to rewind at one point and sit down. THIS was my inspiration. I always cry with this movie, but today I cried for another reason. Thus, my inspiration. Our inspiration must speak to our souls; I have decided. This movie was more than a horse race and winning. It is much deeper than that. What inspired me today was the conversation that took place between Hidalgo and the Indian Chief. They talked about Hidalgo/Blue Child reaching outside of himself to try to find who he was. My inspiration is to spend this week reaching inside myself to rediscover things within myself that are uniquely me. Karma, thank you for the challenge. This may be what I need to get me back in-line with the me I am trying to find or rediscover.

    ReplyDelete