Friday, September 2, 2011

Quick update

I have some great pictures from my canning party, which took place earlier this week. Haven't had a moment to sit down and get everything ready for you, but will effort to get that done over the weekend.
I'm waiting to receive my "Mother - of - the - Year" award for sending my 3 children up an apricot tree using a Sizzor lift and a rickety, 100-year-old ladder. The apricot jam was well worth the risk.
We also FINALLY finished the case of blueberries with some incredible blueberry butter. MMMMM good.
I still have zucchini to finish and found a scrumptious sounding ginger, citrus zucchini marmalade recipe. Yum!
We're started to get tomatoes out of the garden. This has been the most productive garden I've ever raised. We had to get it in late because we had such a cold spring here in Southern Idaho. I woke up yesterday to a serious chill in the air and am now panicked it will freeze before I get harvest the rest of the garden. I will be horribly disappointed and plan a full revenge.
My sister and my neighbor have spent the last week scraping and painting my "guest house/studio/canning kitchen". It's a beautiful old farm house about 2 city blocks length from the main house. It's over 100 years old and we've never rented it out in hopes of preserving it. Several years ago, we re-did the bulk of the inside, but the outside was showing its age and we had quite a bit of water damage in the eves.
We're painting (and when I say "we" I really mean people other than me)it a bright white with barn red trim. It's looking great and almost done. I'll then start the process of redecorating the inside, turning the sitting room into a sewing studio. I'm very excited. I'll post before and after pictures.
I'm still feeling well on my new hormone routine. I have more energy, I sleep more efficiently and I feel less, well, weird on a regular basis. Here's hoping...
I'm headed out of town for the weekend, but will post several recipes etc when I get back. Sneaking off to my cabin for a few days with my kids, my niece and a dear friend. It sounds like I'll have some other friends and family join me there as well. The makings of a perfect weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment